Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More family history

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Arturo P Roda wrote: Cora I shall work on the music of Come Jesus. The correction in the Lyrics: Breathes now this happy soul Leon's father - Juan [Demaya] Roda; mother - Zumel (family name, I do not know her first name) Juan had a first wife (I do not know her name). The older of the two children was (nana) Victoria. Her oldest daughter was (manang) Juana. The second was a nurse graduate from Chinese General Hospital, Juliana, a very tall woman. The third was Natalia. Her son, Dr. Gabriel Factora was my colleague at Kettering Medical Center for three years. His wife was Dr. Myrna, a Tagala. Victoria's only son was a little guy, Pablo, and the youngest Benita was the smallest. A younger sibling of Victoria was Efren, who migrated to Mindanao. I met him only once. I suspect that the Father Roda from Mindanao was his grandson. Leon's siblings are (in proper order) Sergio (full brother), married to a Tagala from Cavite, (tiya Candida). Their three daughters, Natividad, a nun, Visitacion, organist for a Catholic congregation, and, Fortunata, also a nun. All are retired. Continuing: Alvaro, Antonino, Bartolome, Rosario (was a man, died early, never knew him), and Manuela the youngest was very beautiful (the Zumels were very Hispanic). Antonino lived with us for many years. Later Manuela lived with us also in Baesa before her demise, a victim of tuberculosis. Tata Tony warned me of our family curse (tuberculosis). He observed that our family was short lived. Tata Tony lived to a ripe old age. Bartolome migrated to the USA before I got to know him. He visited after the war. I was a medical student then. He gave me an American Expresss check, not for my tuition but to spend for my pleasure. He was a veteran of the war in Europe, the western front. Uncle

No comments: