Saturday, August 23, 2008

G1, G2 , G3 ... G6


L-R: Al, Beb, Charity, Cion, Pros, Esther, Pancing, Turing, Charing, Lydia (in lieu of Ponsing), and Rodel

The other members of the Roda clan that did not find time to go to the Roda Clan reunion on August 2008 have missed an opportunity that would have given them the joy of being together as blood related relatives. Seldom does these occasions happen. Too bad I gave all of you a scare, but I think the cause of my chest pains was from the Italian sandwich that Elma Lou and I ate at a local Italian restaurant. It contained a lot of half-cooked chili which compared to Jalapeno. It tasted good while chewing it but did it give a big uneasiness to everyone when I was talking within your circle about our forefathers: Leon, Alvaro, Antonino = the second generation of Rodas who bequeathed us our heritage, legacy, customs and traditions that were handed down from the first generation Juan Demaya Roda, down to the 6th generations who amongst were noted to be very interested about their pedigree lineage. Something to be proud of and to keep on remembering and passing to the next generation.
To every proud member of the Roda clan that were there, cherish the memories of that occasion and may we see each other again, at Toronto, Canada on 2011

More blessings to those local residents in that area and that I advice you start early. Start with a venue, then estimate how many are coming, reserve placement hotel and then follow it up with program activities. The pedigree Roda clan stories can be repeated all over again for the sake of the 6th and 7th generation who are following. Remember, the interest in this Roda Clan is contagious and I expect a larger Roda reunion in Toronto, Canada.

Pros

2 comments:

Apple iPods said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This is awesome, Auntie Lou. Thanks for putting this together. I am replying to all so I get all the email addresses of all the relatives in my email address book.

It was a great time. Can hardly wait for our next reunion.

Love,

Carol



Hi Auntie Lou!

Thanks for sending this over. I'll print out a copy for Mama so that she can read through it. It's such a shame that none of our family was able to come over to join in the reunion, but knowing that dad (Manong Johnny to most of you) was remembered through prayers definitely brings us great joy.

The logo is wonderful, and I wish I could get a few shirts for my mom, brother and sister. They would absolutely love it! I'd also like to see how the family tree looks like (that would be soooo awesome!).

My regards and prayers to you and Uncle Pros. We will never forget the wonderful time we spent with you in Tagaytay, and we look forward in eager anticipation to your return to Manila.


Uncle Sam, Leon, Peter, Auntie Rodel and Charity,

I miss you, my dear princes and princesses (hehehe!)! I hope things are doing well on your ends of the world. Things have been awfully busy, and I know that I deserve a bop in the head for not having sent email. Distance and silence doesn't mean that we love each other less though... definitely you are missed here in Manila.

Please send me email... i miss hearing from you :o)

My prayers for you and your families always... many hugs to all my other uncles, aunties, and cousins too!


To the rest of the Roda Clan,

This is the first time I've seen this many email addresses in one thread in a long time (way more than when I emailed everyone about dad's condition last year)! Am so glad that the reunion was a success!

For those of us left in the Philippines, rest assured that we are with you in spirit and accord. We look forward to the opportunity to meet and spend a little time with you in the future.

Many regards to your own families, and may God bless you and keep you always!



Yours always,

Dennis John Paul V. Roda


Auntie Lou,Thanks so much for playing a major role in binding the Roda clan together. Uncle Pros was right in saying the RODA family became complete with your joining us. We appreciate and thank you so much for all your efforts , time and love in putting the family tree together and for being the dependable source of information .
I'm waiting for the pictures and directory that you'll send us. Maybe we can activate our RODA CLAN yahoo groups, or have a website.Thanks for the inspiration.

Hope you're all fine.Missed seeing Beryl,Darell and Shar and Jaden. When's the little one coming?

Bleesings and love,
Cora

Thanks, Cora, for your kind words. I did enjoy putting the Family Tree together.

I have the directory (list of addresses and phone numbers) which I can send you - if that is the one yhou are referring to, but I don't have pictures to send. The pictures will come from Art or Greg or Jojo.

Lito sent me earlier a website or blog he created and put on it part of my write-up. It is nice. I asked Beryl earlier to create a blog for the Roda clan and she did, but I didn't know how to carry it out, so I just copied the logo for the reunion that she pujt in it, and pasted/inserted it in my write-up.

The little one is due to arrive by October 11, but I think she will be delivered ahead of that time, by C-section.

Love,
Auntie Lou