Monday, August 25, 2008

Reminiscences of the RODA REUNION REHEARSAL

I have no regrets at all about attending our REUNION REHEARSAL. Just wished my whole family was there and that the absentees were present. We sure need another R3 (RODA REUNION REHEARSAL) with almost-everybody or better still, everyone present. It was my first time to see some of you - especially from the Sanidad branch; and the first time in several years to see Jojo ( Leon III- last time I saw him was in Baesa when he was a little boy, coming to my Mom's little Kinder school, with Bambam).

I thought seeing Auntie Kathy with Uncle Werner, was very special! And the rest of Uncle David's family. I see Betsy, every now and then, but not Beverly and Greg. I would have loved to see Sandra. Makes me long for heaven more, when I think of our loved ones who are sleeping in Jesus, waiting for His return and the resurrection!

So glad that Uncle Turing's family who are in the US were all present too. The oldest G-3, Uncle Turing (LEON) and the next oldest , Auntie Esther (ALVARO) were "game". Thanks for all the memories shared. And the impromptu orchestra or band, was wonderful! I think we could have a RODA Concert next reunion! And I'd love to hear Megan(Bev's daughter) sing then. I'm sure there'll be additions in our next get-together- more G-6's and spouses of those getting married between now and then. Hopefully, no subtractions.

I also hope you all could meet our Aunts from the SERGIO Branch- Auntie Baby- Sister Inmaculada; Auntie Naty- sister Naty, and Auntie Vising or Bess. They are all retired now, with the 2 nuns at the Religious of the Virgin Mary Home, and Auntie Vising in a home somewhere in Laguna. I will tell them about the REUNION and give them the souvenir magnets when I write them.

Upper/L-R: Aunt Vising (Bess), Sister Naty, Chito G4;
Lower/L-R: Aunt Vising, Sister Inmaculada (Baby), Jonathan G5 at the Religious of the Virgin Mary Home


It was good to hear from Dennis. Hope he and the rest of Uncle Johnny's family can join us in Toronto!

Hopefully, my young cousins, who always mistook me for an Aunt (being the oldest G-4)will now remember I'm Manang Cora. I don't blame you for being confused. I'm even older than one of our Aunts- Auntie Charity. And Auntie Rodel and Auntie Beb are just some months older than I am.

Congratulations and a million thanks again to those who worked hard for the success of the Reunion. Ayee- you started the ball rolling, Betsy- your creative and very meaningful ideas that became a reality especially the BLESSING on Sabbath afternoon; Rose- your sleepless nights, and my, you really made us so welcome and made sure we were never hungry! Auntie Lou- the"one who made the RODA CLAN complete, with your talent for details! You know more about the RODAS now, than most of us! Beryl, we missed you. Thanks for your artistry and the beautiful logo! Cheryl, I'm amazed at all you are able to do on top of looking after your boys! And of course, Alne (our pastor- and adviser( you were the over-all coordinator in the 1999 reunion, I remember) and Alvin - for your last-minute suggestions and making sure these were implemented- thanks for organizing the band, and providing music for the Vespers and banquet!. Uncle Jr. and Auntie Nellie, I'm sure you're so happy for having such children who not only are multi-talented but love the family! Your 3 apos are so beautiful and musical! Pacing and Orly, I'm glad you came to represent your family. Wish the rest were there too. And Orly, thanks for your music. Hindi pa laos! Hope to see your twins and your girl next time. It was good to see Josie again. BTW, some of you may not know it, but I'm related to Paz's hubby too- his Mom being a cousin of my Dad (Eliseo Arevalo). I must not forget Auntie Cion and Auntie Pancing for the fabulous banquet ! But you were so tired! Maybe next time we should hire a non=Roda team to be in charge of food so you can be more relaxed and join all the other activities.

Sorry, I wasn't able to mention all the people I want to thank. There'll be another post for them. This has gotten too long!
Love you all,
Cora/Auntie/manang

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mg Cora,

It was great to see you again and this time with your family. Just being around with the Roda clan even just for a few days was quite exciting. Hope to see you all again in 2011!

What a small world indeed! I still have to talk to my mother-in-law (Ed's mom) to see if she's got anecdotes about her growing-up years with uncle Eli, your dad. I'm sure she's got lots to say.

Until next time...... Do keep well.

love...paz